You know, the paper that they pull out when you die to see who gets your stuff. The process of preparing a will is not fun. The lawyer asks you, “If you die who will you give your stuff to?” You say, “Give it to my spouse.” The lawyer quickly responds, “and if your spouse dies who will you give your stuff to?”
This goes on and on until it seems like everyone is dead and you are so frustrated you consider telling the lawyer that they can have it!
When you write a will you ﬁgure out how you are going to leave your stuff, but what about the stuff that matters most? Like:
- What values are you going to leave your teenager?
- What will you teach them about what is right and wrong in this world?
- What will your teenager know about faith?
Here are the 7 Rites of Passage we are going to encourage you to lead your teenager through:
- 6th Grade – Preparation for Adolescence
- 7th Grade – Blessing Ceremony
- 8th Grade – Purity Weekend
- 9th Grade – Driving Contract
- 10th Grade – Money Matters
- 11th Grade – Family Tree
- 12th Grade – Manhood/Womanhood Ceremony
I want to ﬁnish today’s class by asking you to watch this 4 minute video. It explains the Rites of Passage Experience we are launching as the foundation of our Parent Ministry. You can see it by clicking this link: http://www.fbcrevolution.com/calendar.html
As always please feel free to reply to this email with any questions about the Rites of Passage Experience or prayer requests.